- Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death worldwide.
- Diets high in sodium increase a person’s risk of high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
- With the widespread consumption of processed foods, many people find it hard to limit their sodium intake.
- Now, a study has found that, for women, a potassium-rich diet may combat the effects of a high sodium diet, and lower blood pressure.
- In men, however, a potassium-rich diet had no significant effect.
Written by Katharine Lang on July 25, 2022
Fact checked by Ferdinand Lali, Ph.D.
Call us at (888)-243-6602 to discuss how we can help keep your loved one safe and happy at home.