Give this quick, easy, low calorie yet delicious taste of Mediterranean Summer a try! It’s pretty difficult to improve on a ripe, juicy peach, but this recipe takes that peach and caramelizes it, infusing it with a smoky sweet flavor!
Ingredients (serves 2-3):
- 2-3 sweet, ripe but firm peaches/nectarines halved, pit removed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted, toasted nuts (we used pistachios)
- Mint or basil leaves for garnish
- Heat an oiled grill pan or outdoor grill over medium heat
- Place peach halves face down on grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until grill marks appear (peaches should be slightly warm and softened)
- While peaches are grilling place honey, butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan over low-medium heat – cook 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Keep warm!
- Place grilled peach halves onto serving plates and top with creamy yogurt
- Drizzle with cinnamon honey butter
- Sprinkle with toasted nuts and finish with herbs, if desired.
- Serve promptly and enjoy!
Call us at (888)-243-6602 to discuss how we can help keep your loved one safe and happy at home.